This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Oct 4, 2010

Sock Progress, a Pretty Sunset, and Some Caterpillar Fun

Hope all of you had a great weekend. Our was. We played baseball, ripped out the garden, and futzed around doing things that make us happy.

Friday night Hubs took this picture of the sunset from our front yard. This was after the monsoon that came up from the tropics last week. He's got a good eye for sunsets.

View from the house

We also found this cool caterpillar, which the kiddo named "Cat-ey". Whatever floats yer boat. He was pretty and we had some nice family shots with him. The baby missed out because he was sleeping.

Caterpillar

Caterpillar Face

Caterpillar Mustache

Caterpillar Smile

Caterpillar Lunch? (Don't worry... I didn't eat him)

Then there was sock knitting. I had to frog this sock about 4 times before I actually got more than a row in. I kept losing stitches somehow. I'm sure this will get easier as I do more. So here's my progress. They are by no means perfect, but I still don't know what to do (aside from panic) when I make a mistake. So I left them in to add some sort of charm. Plus they're my first pair ever, so what can I expect? I love the colorway and how it's working up. This is Red Heart - Heart and Sole yarn in Rustica.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis