This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

May 19, 2012

Slugs and Batman the Butt

slug sketch with optional fangs
slug sketch with optional fangs

I try to garden as much as possible this time of year. It's very relaxing... well except when I'm freaking out that I don't have enough inventory for an upcoming show and am gardening over crocheting. So that's just in the spring and late summer mostly. I found the coolest/scariest slug EVER yesterday, while digging a moat (Okay... maybe just digging the biggest garden blockage with a honeysuckle wall thing...) between my neighbor and I. That's MY HAND next to him... Hubs thought it was my foot and freaked out. (I flipped the picture upside down to see the slug better.) Don't worry, I didn't touch him (the slug).


giant garden slug crochet model
giant garden slug crochet model

Then, because I have nothing else I should be doing, I'll be whipping up the slug drawing above as a 3-d crocheted slug. He won't be as pretty, but will be WAAAAAAAAAY less slimy. (Are slugs something that was cool in the 80's? If so, maybe I'll make a bunch on a stick and sell them in my Etsy shop.)

aggie saying "dude slugs are gross"
aggie saying, "dude... slugs are gross".

This next bit has nothing to do about butts. Yes. You heard me right. There will be no Batman butts or Adam West tushes... nothing. Batman is a chicken of ours. She was playing dead yesterday, and therefore, she is a butt. I might have muttered a similar meaning word when she got up after I flew into the chicken coop in a panic to try to resuscitate her. This is a family blog after all, so... no bad words. Still... my chicken, Batman, is a butt.

batman, the chicken... laughing at me. butt.
batman, the chicken... laughing at me. butt.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with Aggie, slugs are gross. But I still think it is very cool that you found that bad boy in your garden, it is pretty. I can't wait to see the crochet project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm psyched to finish it up... finding time is the issue right now.

      Delete
  2. I just love that you have a chicken named Batman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a tough cookie, that Batman... She rules the roost!

      Delete
  3. Dang. I only read this post for a picture of Adam West's tushie. Hmph.

    I'm guessing the almost-criminal act of salting slugs went OUT in the 80's, not the slugs themselves. You got quite a monster there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee... well I don't think that would be appealing as of now, maybe in his heyday.

      I was tempted to feed the slug to my chicken, as they tend to be pests in the garden. I was good though, and gave him a fighting chance in the back woods. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis