This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Jul 30, 2012

Zesty Motifs and Chicken Domination

The weekend flew by. I love and hate weekends like that. It was nice to be homebodies, and nice to have the kiddies cooperate and get along (EVEN DR. DESTRUCTO!). Since my internet was down most of the weekend (Thanks Verizon... nothing like losing your internet for no reason... or just because it's looking like thunder.), I got some work done. 

crochet motif from beyond the square crochet motifs
crochet motif #44

This is from the book, "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs". It's motif number 44. So far (I've only done 1 motif) the directions are clear and easy to follow. That's always a bonus. There's graphs too. Looking forward to doing more.

zesty zucchini relish canning
zesty zucchini relish 

After last year's zucchini fiasco, where the borer beetles killed all of my plants, I'm happy to say it's the complete opposite this year. Hubs spotted the pests early, and I did some disgusting borer beetle/zucchini surgery. It seems like it's working. The plants slowed a bit, but they seem like they're springing back nicely. I had enough to make this yummy Zesty Zucchini Relish from, "Ball's Complete Book of Home Preserving". I highly recommend that one.

On an awesome note, I just wanted to share WITH THE UNIVERSE that I finally roasted a chicken to perfection. It's been 10 years in the learning. Ahahahahahahahahaha! Apparently all of those Food Network cooking shows are starting to pay off. 



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on saving the zucchini and roasting the bird! I love the colors you did on the motif. Tempted about the motif book, but I need another direction in art the way I need borer beetles in my, well, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee... I wasn't going to buy it for the same reason, but I figured I need some down time from monster crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your chicken! :D And I think I need to consult with you on some private crotchet lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty motif. It's projects like that that make me wish I crocheted more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to can. I have some watermelon rind that I am going to pickle tomorrow. The relish looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis