This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Jul 13, 2010

Cable Blanket FINALLY Finished

I'm not much of an afghan or blanket maker type crocheter.  They take a really, really, really long time to make and... well there is no and.  They take forever, and my 4 year old attention span can't handle it.  But, being a nice mom means I can't have my kiddos sweating to death in the summer heat while they sleep.  Had I known that we were going to have central air installed in the middle of this project, I wouldn't have bothered.  Anyway, I bought yummy organic cotton yarn for a twin blanket and some for a crib sized blanket.  On the advice of a very wise Twitter pal, I started with the larger blanket.  Good thing.  I will never make another blanket like this again.  It's not even twin sized.  It's a large throw... about 50" X 63".  This is fine for my son, who barely keeps the blankets on anyway.  Awesome.  Anyway, it's finished and beautiful and I'm happy I finished.  The pattern will be available on Etsy and Ravelry in the near future.


Cables on the Horizon Crochet Blanket by Knot By Gran'ma

While working on this blanket, the color changing stripes were horizontal and the cables were vertical.  Upon completion of this blanket, it actually sits the opposite of that.  The color strips are vertical and the cables run across the blanket... a cool but not at all intended result. 


Cables on the Horizon Crochet Blanket by Knot By Gran'ma

You can buy the pattern for this blanket here:



2 comments:

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis