This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Aug 19, 2010

Tomatoes, Bread, and Trade Marks... Oh My!

It's been a busy few weeks.  I'd like to say that I have been getting everything done that I want to have done.  I would say this if I wasn't sidetracked so easily... maybe I'm part raccoon.  Oh shiny!  Right.  So either way, it's been busy.  Just not in the direction that I had originally planned.

Speaking of not planned, look what I made!  I've named them Monsteyerz.  They're keychains or backpack buddies for the kiddos.  I made a bunch of these and added them to my Etsy shop and Zibbet Store.  I'd like to swing a few craft shows with them and maybe even wholesale them.  I'm still working on the whole registered trade mark thing with their name for now.  Laws are very expensive, time consuming, and difficult to understand sometimes.  It's getting there.


Ted

As a backpack buddy...

Also, tomatoes wait for nobody.  They don't care if you're trying to write out patterns, or running after the baby (cough * Dr. Destructo * cough) or trying to get a totally unplanned new item made/photographed/listed/wholesaled or that whole taking care of a house thing.  When tomatoes are ready, they're ready.  They're not going to wait for you or anybody.  So that's how the tomato canning came about.  I do it every year, but for some reason I'm always caught off guard a bit.  It's so worth it though.  So much so, that I ordered a canning book.  It's filled with recipes for things to be canned and I'm so excited to get it and it won't be here until the 23rd.  So tomatoes it is... for now.


This part makes the yummiest tomato smell go through the house... and notice the 70's disco backsplash... I'm a lucky lady.


See you in December yummy tomato sauce... where you'll become spaghetti sauce or chili.

I also somehow became enthralled the other idea with bread baking.  I can do that... I thought to myself.  So I did.  Yesterday I made my very first loaf of bread.  It's whole wheat with cranberries in it and awesome.  I'm totally out of butter until tonight when the grocery delivery guy brings me more.  Swell.  I also bought another book filled with bread baking recipes... 'cause I needed another thing to add to my day of fun.

Whole wheat cranberry bread.... ggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuggggggggghhhhhhhh (with Homer drool)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis