This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Jan 3, 2011

Resolutions

No, this isn't a new year's resolution thing.  I am amazed at the pressure that people put on themselves simply because it's the new year.  You should be putting pressures on yourself only if you want to change something in your life.  The date January 1st really shouldn't be a motivating factor.  That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. (Imagine me sticking my tongue out right now.)

Fishy Fish Art Doll
That being said, there are things that I want to change in my life... KBG life and personal life.  A few things have been brought to my attention that have reminded me (thanks universe) that there's a bigger picture, and life is short.  I need to focus on the things that really matter.  It may be all gone tomorrow.  Hey you never know...  I want to change things... for me.  I'd like them to make me a better person, business lady, mom,  and honestly just happier in general.

I need to finish things (like the kitchen paint job).  I need to declutter the space around me so I can breathe while I work.  I need to read more books.  I need to make things for kids.  I need to keep it weird.  I need to draw every day.  I need to write every day.  I need to do one load of laundry and fold that one load of laundry ever day.  I need to drink more water.  I need to take that Reiki course I have been eyeballing.  I need to not get angry.  I need to let go of other people's lives.  I need to learn that I cannot control everything.  I need to move my butt a little more.  I need to live in a less wasteful way.  I need to organize all this yarn.  I need to play with the kids way more.  I need to beat Tony Hawk's Shred.  I need to keep the crochet projects for me on track.  I need to knit more socks.  I need to make this blog more visible for others, not just the one's who visit for the free patterns (although I love those guys too!).

Maw Monster OOAK Crochet Art Doll
I'm sure there's more, but I feel okay with this as a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis