This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Mar 11, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday and Project: Simplify: Master Closet

I'm mushing these 2 together because I am running low on steam. This week whooped by butt.

In my mind, my closet would be sparkling by now (sparkling is overrated... clean is fine), my doll would be listed (it is), and I'd have the crochet pattern ready for your purchasing pleasure (I don't. Maybe Monday...). I also imagined that this post would be in 2 separate posts and would have been done hours upon hours ago. Oh well. This is what I got.

Let me start with Project Simplify... this week's task was my wardrobe (Dudes! Doubles as a fibery post... not fiber arts, but well... see what happens when I watch The Big Lebowski I start calling everyone dudes.). So I did.  This is what I started with.  I split my closet with shelves that are currently holding books that belong on bookcases that we don't have. Hidden storage is swell with me.


Notice the lack of cleanliness... Those boxes were waiting to be filled with donated clothing... the white bag holds my wedding dress. It's leaving too. I also did my drawers, which I didn't take photos of.  I did go through each and every drawer.  The whole process went pretty quickly.  I just needed a fire to be lit under my behind.  Here's the finished photo.


It much cleaner, and in order now.  I also don't have a lot of clothes. My dresser hold jeans and cotton shirts... the closet is for anything nice and shoes.  And my saxophone and African drum. I'm so happy with my new clean closet.  I donated 2 boxes and threw out a lot of garbage. The real question is why was I using my closet as a trash can? The mysteries of the universe, I guess. The Project: Simplify: Wardrobe Before and After post is here.  Lots of people did lots of good this week!

Back to my fiber art portion of this post. I finally finished my chakra doll. This was originally a quick doll that I'd have up and running by this past Tuesday. Well, apparently crocheting a doll with actual human proportions is a lot harder than I thought.  Monsters are no problem, as they don't have a body type per say.  This labor of love took up my world this week... It made my brain hurt and I said a lot of words I'm not sure I'd say out in public.  I may have even scared Hubs a little bit.



Right now I'm selling them made to order through my Shoply and Etsy shops. This particular one in the picture is mine.  I'll be placing "her" on my dresser and most likely bringing her around to the places I like to do a little meditating... I'm really pleased with the end results and can't wait to get the pattern up.  But that is a battle for another day.


It's Fiber Arts Friday, so please leave a comment and then head over to Andrea's Blog, Wisdom Begins in Wonder and check out the other Fibery posts!  I guarantee you will learn something interesting.

Photobucket


Subscribe to the Newsletter!

6 comments:

  1. I love your Chakra doll. She reminds me of the characters from Nine. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Chakra doll!!! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog - I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty awesome there lady! On both counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a doll. Love the Chakra.

    My cleaning out of the closet has happened with lots of moves. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks for the nice comments guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis