This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Jan 6, 2012

Ouchi Gallery Reception

I GOT TO RIDE IN A FREIGHT ELEVATOR! Yes. This country mouse got to check TWO things off of her bucket list. I'm a little sad that I didn't think to take a picture of this event, but it's etched in my brain forever.

The whole show was super fun. I was a little hesitant about going when I found out my sidekick wasn't able to accompany me to the show. Granted, me waiting until the last minute to remind her (because I can't seem to remember what day I'm on) didn't help. Note to self: figure out a way to get babysitting funds for KBG outings. Luckily my mother-in-law was game and off to Brooklyn we went! I almost didn't get lost too.

Love knows No Boundaries
Here's my piece on display. I loved the piece right next to it also. So fun!

my little tag thing
We didn't stay for the whole opening. I did have an hour and a half drive home (not including a little dinner stop), but the surprise really was the best part. One of the artists brought his girlfriend in to propose to her. We all made an aisle for them to walk through (awwwww). He got down on one knee and asked her right there in front of us all. She said yes and they brought out some cake. Made me so happy to see their happiness. There are also no pictures of this part of the reception. I was in the moment.




Let me tell you how awesome the artwork here was. It. Was. Awesome. Yup. Having different artists' take on LOVE was pretty wild. I could look at this piece forever. I spent a good deal of my time doing just that, which is weird because I don't even like gold.

Yuki Nozawa "Love Letter"
(I didn't take this picture... it's from the Ouchi Gallery's website)
The entire building was neat. I took some pictures on the way down the stairs. Apparently the freight elevator stops at a certain time, or you can only go up. I really don't know.

window cut in half by the floor

cool door

Willie and me




Subscribe to the Newsletter!
(Newsletter includes news and promotions...)


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis