This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Sep 7, 2012

Monster Chef Presents: Freezing Zucchini

This year there's been a plethora or zucchinis in my garden. It's September and I still have a zucchini plant slowly producing. For real. We've eaten it until we're sick of it and I really don't feel like making any more loaves of zucchini bread (I never thought I'd say that!). I asked my friend, Monster Chef, what I could do. He told me to freeze it and showed me an easy method.

Monster Chef Presents: Freezing Zucchini
hello! 
Ingredients:

Zucchini (green or yellow is fine)
Knife/cutting board
Food processor or a Ninja
Freezer bags
Measuring cup
Permanent marker

Chop up your zucchini into pieces small enough to fit in your food processor. Blend.

Monster Chef presents: Freezing Zucchini
this is a very simple process.

Measure out the desired amounts (I suggested 2 cup bags, because that is what the zucchini bread recipe calls for.), and write it along with the date on your freezer bags. Plop the zucchini in, seal your bag (try to get most of the air smooshed out), and lay flat in your freezer for up to 6 months.

In the winter you will have fresh zucchini for bread, or pancakes, or muffins, or whatever at hand at all times. Hopefully by then, the uneven baking oven issue will be solved. Very unprofessional, indeed!



2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't know if I have ever even had zucchini bread, but now it sounds good. Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaaat?!?! You need to get some ASAP... so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis