This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Apr 12, 2013

Does Your Product Need a Purpose?

This little monster helped me immensely this week. I was able to step back into doing something I am comfortable, while also adding a new element. Each time I vend at an art/craft fair someone approaches me and asks, "what do they do?" in regards to my monsters. This is my cue to start muttering jumbled explanations of hugging and possibly pretend play.

Froggy (I know. It's amazingly original.) is the first mini monster to have a pocket. It's something I've been trying to figure out for a long, long while. I wanted to do it well and also be able to keep the costs (mainly my time) low. He's incidentally the first monster who has a tongue... in case that matters. It's forked and awesome, and I know frogs don't have forked tongues. I'm trying to keep these monsters' feel to be totally unique and not at all like a one lady production line. That bores me and is a fantastic way to get me to stop making something. This is another boost in getting my business to grow a little.

Froggy Mini Pocket Monster Toy Doll by Knot By Gran'ma
Froggy Monster... Ribb-rawr!

The appeal turns from "cute, but what does it do" to "does this adorable monster that I can't live without fill a need that I may have?" I think by giving them a purpose (you can put your ___insert whatever___ in there), they might sell a little more. We'll see in the next few months, as I get these guys out there more and more. It's like a living experiment with crocheted monsters. I can dig that.

Froggy Mini Pocket Monster Toy Doll by Knot By Gran'ma
View of the pocket... holding a little car until Dr. Destructo comes home.

 I am also hoping this latest creative move will cease the muttering about hugs and pretending and whatnot... although you can still do that if you want to. If this wasn't enough to make your day amazing, please head on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder to see some more fiber fun.

This guys is also available on Knot By Gran'ma or Etsy.


4 comments:

  1. he is so cute, love the wonky eyes. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pocket on your frog. I know that's something my son would want in his favorite monsterl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the pocket is a nice touch. I applaud anyone who makes knit/crochet toys, I can never finish mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your froggie's pouch! It's perfect for a little person to tuck something away in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis