This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Apr 17, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday: Top Secret

I'm not ready to share the full reveal of what's really going on here... but, I must say, it turned out pretty swell. While it's a finished object, I'm putting it here (work in progress blog post area) due to the fact that you won't be getting any real details. * shifty eyes *

Secret Doll with crocodile stitch by Knot By Gran'ma
Top secret. Mostly.

Sharing is caring, so I will tell you that this piece caused me to learn the crocodile (or scale) stitch finally, and it would "whooo whooo" if it were real. The real answer we all want to know is how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop ®. (I have no claim or have any affiliation to Tootsie Roll Industries or any of their products. Tootsie Pops ® are just delicious.) Am I dating myself yet?

Right. I like how this piece pushed me out of my comfort zone a little (Ummm Jess, on Friday you were getting back into things that are comfortable. Yes. Welcome to my world. Don't try to understand it; just go with it.). It also got me to thinking about different textures and details that I normally wouldn't give a second thought to. I was able to work smarter and not as scattered. It was nice... and totally not the way that I normally do things.



2 comments:

  1. i used to think i was a crafter that could do anything. i've recently come to realize crochet just aint my thing! i really admire people who make it look so easy!

    and i loved those commercials! freaking jerk owl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis