This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Oct 18, 2010

NYS Sheep and Wool Festival 2010 Rhinebeck

Yesterday, I went to Rhinebeck... for the annual NYS Sheep and Wool Festival... for the first time.  It was truly amazing.  I probably could spend the entire weekend looking around there, as there was just so much to take in.  Next year I'd like to see if I can swing a class or two.

Yeah!

View from one of the barns





Spinning wheels everywhere!!!




Llama  parking?



Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm (crap picture... sorry)
 




Looking Glass Wool
 Just some random knitting...

All in all, I was very good.  I only bought 2 skeins of fingering yarn... and a lovely button.


This skein is going to be a pair of socks.  I bought it from Cat's Paw Yarns.


This skein is going to turn into the Listado Cowl.  I bought the yarn from Silver Moon Farm Fiber Arts.


And then there's my lovely button from Mellisa Jean Design.  It's made from a nut and then stained.  It will be adorning my Hooked on a Feeling Shrug.

Then there were the critters.  I don't know if it's the little kid in me or what.  I love the animals.  I really wish we had the room for a pygmy angora goat.  They had them for sale.  I had to walk away VERY QUICKLY!









 


3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous!

    I wanted to go but...that's a half day drive. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally random, but the button made from a nut made me think of a pig's nose.

    So cute.

    Looked like a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought about the button! I think that's why it appealed to me.

    Andrea - You really could make a weekend out of the entire thing. There was that much to see. Just something to think about... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis