This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Aug 8, 2011

Your Flowers are Stepping on My Heads

I don't have any new finished dolls to show you all today. I have heads so far... which is amusing to me. That makes it all okay. The reason behind no new dolls is due to flower folding. My friend had a baby shower thrown for her on Saturday and me and a bunch of gals did the decorating.





I decided that we were going to fold flowers (Origami Kusadama Flowers... but with regular paper) to make a pretty garland and then have the centerpieces match kind of... but with real "flowers" in them. I ended up with hens and chicks. I have a collection of them, so I figured I would share. They turned out cute. The lotus flower design was from Fold Something... and easy once Andrea figured out the flower popping up the leaves part. I also added some freehand flower shapes to hang in between the folded flowers... just to break it up a little. Not too shabby.


So anyway... here are the three heads waiting for bodies... and eyeballs, fangs, pouches and hair. They need a few days worth of work. It'll be less if I really push. I might just do that to keep myself busy.

On a very sad note, my dear Grandma Jane passed away on Saturday night. She was awesome.




Subscribe to the Newsletter!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma.
    She looks awesome in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. She was always like that. That was my wedding about 9 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your Grandma, Dear.

    PD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used in the flowers, and I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis