This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

May 4, 2012

Figuring on Hats

What a week! I finally finished the bases of these baby hats. Yay! I'm also happy to report that the pattern works too. Also yay! So... onto the embellishments. One is getting Yoda ears, one The Flash lightning bolts, and the last the Superman emblem. The ears and lightning bolts aren't bothersome. They should be easy enough to figure out. I am a little worried about the Superman emblem. I can either do the pieces separately and then piece them together or make up an intarsia graph. I'm still torn.

crocheted baby hats



They'll be finished up this weekend, and hopefully I'll have the patterns ready soon. I love the texture on these hats. They're sized for 6-12 months. I will not be doing any other sizes, because... well I have no desire to. I'm sure if you used a smaller gauge, you would get a smaller hat so... The trademarked (KBG is not affiliated with any of the characters mentioned above, and all rights are reserved by their respective companies...) ones will be more of a tutorial of how I did it. That's just the way it has to be on that one, folks. Copyright and trademark infringement is definitely a no no, and I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

crocheted baby hats


Speaking of intarsia, I'm getting the itch to do some graph work again. I have some insane pictures graphed out from YEARS ago, that I just recently found. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do them justice... or really how I'd every weave in all those ends. We'll see. They're all monster themed, so it could be very cool.

Take a moment and check out the Fiber Arts Friday posts!

4 comments:

  1. Today is a good day for Yoda ears :-) Nice to see your mascot poster, under the monster's watchful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And I love Vivian's idea for Yoda ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY! I love superhero hats and Yoda too! I'm glad I could get into your blog this week too. Is your Jack Frost new. I noticed him for the first time in your Etsy Shop. I really like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool ideas, and very cute hats. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis